To the site operator leachate recirculation would certainly appear like commonsense as some of the leachate recirculated will be taken in by the waste and not re-appear. The leachate will gain some treatment – especially a significant reduction in BOD and COD by anaerobic digestion within a methanogenic landfill. In addition, if leachate is being […]
Tag Archives | Anaerobic digestion
First of all when asked the question, “How Do You Treat Leachate?”, we would like to make a distinction between true treatment which involves converting environmentally damaging substances to less, or non-toxic, ones, and simply concentrating the contaminants from the water in leachate to give a volume reduction. In the water industry both are known as […]
Anaerobic digestion is becoming increasingly popular in this age of high energy prices, and many more people are realising that whereas aerobic treatment systems consume large amounts of expensive energy, anaerobic digestion is a process which does the opposite. In fact it produces a net energy output. It is not surprising therefore, that many […]
This website is created and maintained by Steve Last in support of his consultancy service IPPTS Associates.
IPPTS Associates have the capability (through our associate arrangements) to advise on all aspects of landfill leachate management, from leachate management option studies to leachate treatment plant design, installation supervision, and commissioning.
Our capabilities include:
- Environmental consenting (previously known as Waste Permitting (including IPPC applications))
- Best Available Techniques (BAT) assessments
- Full process design, installation, tendering, project management, specification, tendering, contract administration, construction supervision, commissioning and operation, of leachate collection and treatment systems (through associate arrangements)
- Commissioning of completed leachate treatment plants
- Troubleshooting of process problems for existing biological leachate treatment plants
- Advice on updating and refurbishing old leachate treatment facilities
- Training of biological leachate treatment plant site operators.
See more at our environmental compliance consultancy business website.
Other landfill related websites supported by this and associated authors are:
- The Landfill CQA weblog
- The Landfill Gas website – for landfill gas information and technical developments
- The Methane Stripping website – for techniques for the removal of dissolved methane from leachate extracted from gassing landfills prior to sewer discharge
Other landfill related web sites include:
- The Mechanical Biological Treatment website – to understand the new waste treatment techniques required to pre-treat the organic content of wastes and comply with the EU Landfill Directive
- The Anaerobic Digestion (AD) web site to learn about the subject of biogas digesters
- The Composting Web Site – for commercial and municipal composting.