Leachate extraction embraces landfill site wells and boreholes, pumping systems, plus pipelines, leachate monitoring and control systems.
Tag Archives | leachate management
Leachate recirculation in the form of pumping leachate from the base of a cell back up into the top of the waste has been practised in the past, and continues to be used, at the majority of landfills.
Most landfills still generate leachate, and the first and most obvious action, when leachate starts to appear, is to… Read this to find out more!
This website is created and maintained by Steve Last in support of his consultancy service IPPTS Associates.
IPPTS Associates have the capability (through our associate arrangements) to advise on all aspects of landfill leachate management, from leachate management option studies to leachate treatment plant design, installation supervision, and commissioning.
Our capabilities include:
- Environmental consenting (previously known as Waste Permitting (including IPPC applications))
- Best Available Techniques (BAT) assessments
- Full process design, installation, tendering, project management, specification, tendering, contract administration, construction supervision, commissioning and operation, of leachate collection and treatment systems (through associate arrangements)
- Commissioning of completed leachate treatment plants
- Troubleshooting of process problems for existing biological leachate treatment plants
- Advice on updating and refurbishing old leachate treatment facilities
- Training of biological leachate treatment plant site operators.
See more at our environmental compliance consultancy business website.
Other landfill related websites supported by this and associated authors are:
- The Landfill CQA weblog
- The Landfill Gas website – for landfill gas information and technical developments
- The Methane Stripping website – for techniques for the removal of dissolved methane from leachate extracted from gassing landfills prior to sewer discharge
Other landfill related web sites include:
- The Mechanical Biological Treatment website – to understand the new waste treatment techniques required to pre-treat the organic content of wastes and comply with the EU Landfill Directive
- The Anaerobic Digestion (AD) web site to learn about the subject of biogas digesters
- The Composting Web Site – for commercial and municipal composting.